Monday 16 July 2012

We Learn to Grow

I used to wonder why I should look at other people's designs so much. I mean, I was pretty sure I could think up of something without looking at what other people have done. I've come to realize going through other designs speeds a ton of things up & like reading fiction/non-fiction books, it opens up your mind. It's like window-shopping. You don't have to buy anything but it makes you aware of what's out there and what you like or don't.

I mean, let's go back to my 'Why man creates' project. One of the groups tried going around not talking to each other & acting like they didn't know anything/weren't taught anything. They acted like they were the first humans not knowing language. It's funny how most of us here would have to force ourselves to do that now.

Yeah, just look at language & it's development. It took a hell lot of time to be what it is now with all the alphabets or characters & this is all after people who were alive at whichever current time learnt what people before them knew, picked it up where those people prior to them left of & developed it further.

Thinking this way made me view flooding my brain with other people's designs in a positive light & I'm much more willing to do it now without being confused whether I should or should not be doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment